Friday, June 5, 2009

Kyiv and...

Thursday morning we slept in and basically rested. We did get out and buy a few groceries. We also decided we had to have a stroller. So the boys and I walked down to a kids store a couple blocks from where we are staying. We bought a stroller for us and one for Brigette. They were nice strollers. It was a lot of fun to walk down the street pushing two strollers with no babies. We got back to the apartment and waited for Mariah to wake up from her nap. We decided that we would venture out and walk down to the Ukrainian Buffet for dinner to meet Brigette and eat. It was a challenge to navigate here the sidewalks are very busy and we had to go up and down stairs. This city is not made for kids and strollers. We made and ate a good dinner. Then headed back to the apartment. We had a quiet evening and went to bed.

Friday I was going to meet Yulia in front of our apartment at 8 AM so I could go to the Embassy and change Debbie return flight. We jumped in the taxi and drove about 15 minutes to the Embassy. We got out and there were lines it seemed like all over. Yulia said follow me and we walked right up to the door and went in. I went through a metal detector and walked into another building. I walked down the hall and said I am here to do paperwork for adoption. Then they looked at my passport and reviewed the paperwork yulia gave me. I then had to raise my right hand and swear that everything was true and correct. I then signed two forms and I was done. Debbie can do the remaining paperwork next week. We headed to the Delta office to change Debbie's ticket and to buy one for Mariah. We were planning to change her flight to Thursday the 11th but it cost too much. We ended up getting her flight for Saturday June 13th. I was hoping she would get back sooner but we are thankful things went as well as they did. We found out that the passport for Mariah will be available next Tuesday. Monday is a holiday so all the offices will be closed. Debbie will be able to go to the Embassy and Wednesday and get her Visa and have the Medical exam. Debbie is going to share the apartment with Brigette who is also leaving Saturday so they should be fine. I walked back to the apartment and we decided to go to a local area where there are some churches. We did this at about 2:30 and we did not get done until 5 PM. On the way back to the apartment we stopped at McDonalds and got our dinner to go. We walked back to the apartment and packed up and went to bed. Tomorrow the boys and I are finally going home. I am excited but worried to leave Debbie and Mariah. Well I better get going the driver should be here in a few mintues to take us to the airport.

Thank you all for your prayers and continued support. We greatly appreciate it so much. Please continue to pray for our safe trip home today and pray for Debbie and Mariah while they are here one more week.

No comments:

Post a Comment