Saturday, May 30, 2009





Today we saw Mariah reach out more for Jeremiah and Zach. She wanted to get down and play with them and she let them hold her hand when we walked. It was a great visit, although it seemed short and it is sad to say goodbye. I think she has a sense of humor, which I think is a pretty great thing. She will do something that makes us laugh and when we respond to her, she will keep doing it so we will keep laughing. Yesterday she discovered how to walk backwards. We thought that was pretty funny so she kept doing it. Today she started making cute little noises to entertain us and when we laughed, it seemed to make her happy. She is a pretty sweet little girl!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jennings! I hope you remember us from Whitney - I'm Noah Healy's mom and the Jindrich's daughter. I heard from Lisa Wood today that you were in Ukraine even as we speak! I don't know if you knew that we adopted 2 older girls from Ukraine this winter (they were from the Donetsk region, Makeevka specifically) - we arrived home with them on February 15th - after 7.5 weeks total time, including 2 trips over. It's so wonderful to read your story and know some of the things you are going through - on our second trip i took my own yellow mustard since you can't get it from McDonalds over there. :0) I hope you have been able to find toilet paper. AND, the Russian word for bathroom is roughly pronounced "two lee et".

    Once you get back to Kiev, I can recommend a good buffet type restaurant were we had "chicken kiev" one night, i can't remember forsure where it is, but there is a huge fresh market that's in a round building and takes up the whole block - it's across from that (in the downtown area, near TGIFriday's). Good directions I know! A food suggestion - in some grocery stores, in the cereal section, is a green box containing the best oatmeal I have ever had! i brought 2.5 boxes home and am sad that it's gone now - but if you need another breakfast suggestion, it's worth the try and about 7 "greevna" a box. what ever amount i measured of oatmeal, i then added about the same amount of water and then again of milk, and a pinch of salt - then cooked it in the microwave. quaker oats pale in comparison!

    I would love to bring our girls over to visit once you get home - I would love to hear your story and compare notes.

    I'm so happy for you that things have been going so well and so smoothly! We'll watch your blog going forward and join the ranks of those praying for you!

    If you need free time reading, our adoption trip is chronicled at "healy7.blogspot.com"

    ReplyDelete